Welcome to The 9th Annual New Orleans Swing Dance Festival, the former home of The Ultimate Lindy Hop Showdown! (ULHS is currently on indefinite hiatus.)
Come experience the wonders of our magical traditional jazz, blues, and swing dance community September 28th through October 2nd 2017!
The New Orleans Swing Dance Festival is offering hours and hours of dance classes for ALL LEVELS featuring a local crew of New Orleans' finest professional lindy hop, balboa, jazz, blues, tap, & chorus line teachers - Andy Reid, Mia Halloran, Todd Yannacone, Amy Johnson, Laura Manning, Kerry Genese, Chance Bushman, Giselle Anguizola, & Bobby Bonsey.
What's in store for 2017?
- New Venue! We are setting up shop in The Ace Hotel New Orleans, an incredibley beautiful Art Deco Style boutique hotel that is perfect for The New Orleans Swing Dance Festival. The venue will hold all dance classes, the jam sessions, and feature multiple rooms for dancing, including a live blues and soul room.
- Its not all in the hotel though! Friday Night will be out of the hotel in some very special locations to be announced.
- Take some incredibly unique classes in any level with local pros and a few out of town guests. Classes are available for everyone from the total beginner to advanced lindy hoppers. Some classes feature live music accompaniment and many topics touch on concepts that have never been covered at any dance workshop ever.
- Dance through the streets of New Orleans in our opening day 2nd line parade on Friday Sept 29th!
- Dance your heart out to live music during the day, in the evening, and into the wee hours of the morn.
- Play an insturment? Like to sing? Join us in the Jam Room on Saturday & Sunday evenings! Some of our favorite musicians will be playing along with you in an organized jam. Anyone is welcome to play! Jam room will be open all night, is next the main ballroom, and even features hard-wood floors for dancing!
- More to come for 2017!
Several pass options are available for those who don't want to take classes (Dance Pass!) or those who want to take lots of classes (All Access Pass!). We even have a pass for Beginning Swing Dancers. Newbies welcome!
Tickets will be available soon.
We are proud to anounce The Ace Hotel New Orleans as our main location for the weekend. Most of our dance workshops, evening dances and after parties will be at the beautiful Ace Hotel!
Ace Hotel New Orleans - 600 Carondelet - Walking distance to the French Quarter & Right on the Street Car line!
The Ace is sandwiched inbetween the BEST coffee in the city, Stumptown Coffee, and Josephin Estelle restaurant. We are only a couple of blocks from Rouses grocery store. The hotel has free Wi-Fi, a cozy lounge area with a cocktail bar open all day, a 24 hour photobooth, and a beautiful rooftop pool and garden with incredible views of the city.
The rooms where we will do our social dancing and have classes all have wood floors.
Nervous about being in New Orleans and getting around the city? No easier way to do The New Orleans Swing Dance Festival than by booking a room at the Ace Hotel. You'll be able to roll out of bed and go to dance class, stay up late at the after parties and not worry about having to figure out how to get home, take a dip in the rooftop pool in between classes and evening dances, or hang with swing dancers from all over the world in the lounge. Need buddies to walk with you to The French Market for daytime dancing? If you're staying at the Ace, there's always going to be someone around to escort you. We've set up the event this year to feel safe and conveinent while still giving you that authentic New Orleans experience.
Rooms at the Ace New Orleans evoke the ornate inheritance-rich decadence of the birthplace of jazz. All rooms come with a flat screen television, fully-stocked minibar and Smeg refrigerators, Tivoli Radio, free WiFi, Rudy's toiletries and Pearl+ soaps. Many rooms come with a record player or a Martin guitar for you to enjoy during your stay.
The price of the rooms at the Ace are slghtly more than other hotels in the area. New Orleans is a convention town and a popular wedding destination. Because of this, hotel prices tend to be higher in the spring and the fall. These rooms are not that much more than the hotels we have used in the past but the Ace is by far the most superior of them all. We are obsessed with the Ace Hotel. It has so much more to offer us in terms of its vintage style, its friendly local vibe, & its convenience. They put Martin guitars and record players in the rooms. It doesn't get much cooler than that!
For those who wish to stay with a local and save some cash. The housing request form will be up in the coming months. Housing is NOT guarenteed to anyone. Always have a back-up plan.