Welcome to The 8th Annual New Orleans Swing Dance Festival, the former home of The Ultimate Lindy Hop Showdown! (ULHS is currently on indefinite hiatus.)
Come experience the wonders of our magical traditional jazz, blues, and swing dance community September 29th through October 3rd 2016!
For the first time ever, The New Orleans Swing Dance Festival is offering hours and hours of dance classes for ALL LEVELS featuring a local crew of New Orleans' finest professional lindy hop, balboa, jazz, blues, & chorus line teachers - Andy Reid, Mia Halloran, Todd Yannacone, Amy Johnson, Laura Manning, Kerry Genese, Chance Bushman, Giselle Anguzizola, & Bobby Bonsey.
What's in store this year?
- New Venue! We are setting up shop in The Ace Hotel New Orleans, an incredibley beautiful Art Deco Style boutique hotel that is perfect for The New Orleans Swing Dance Festival. Book your room at the Ace Hotel here.
- Its not all in the hotel though! Friday Night will feature 2 venues for dancing, each only one block from one another, and both featuring live music and dance performances. Hop back and forth between The Old Us Mint & The American Sports Bar on funky lower Decatur.
- Unique classes for all levels, with local pros, from the total beginner to advanced lindy hoppers. Some classes feature live music accompaniment and many topics touch on concepts that have never been covered at any dance workshop ever.
- Dance through the streets of New Orleans in our opening day 2nd line parade!
- Live music for every single daytime dance, evening dance, and after party.
- 'The Welbourne Jazz Camp Jam Room' on Saturday & Sunday evenings! Some of Welbourne Jazz Camp music staff will guide you from 10-11pm in an organized jam. Jam room will be open all night, is next the main ballroom, and even features hard-wood floors for dancing!
- More cool stuff to be listed!
Several pass options are available for those who don't want to take classes (Dance Pass!) or those who want to take lots of classes (All Access Pass!). We even have a pass for Beginning Swing Dancers. Newbies welcome!
PURCHASE A 2016 TICKET NOW!
We are proud to anounce The Ace Hotel New Orleans as our main location for the weekend. Most of our dance workshops, evening dances and after parties will be at the beautiful Ace Hotel!
Ace Hotel New Orleans - 600 Carondelet - Walking distance to the French Quarter & Right on the Street Car line!
The Ace is sandwiched inbetween the BEST coffee in the city, Stumptown Coffee, and Josephin Estelle restaurant. We are only a couple of blocks from Rouses grocery store. The hotel has free Wi-Fi, a cozy lounge area with a cocktail bar open all day, a 24 hour photobooth, and a beautiful rooftop pool and garden with incredible views of the city.
The rooms where we will do our social dancing and have classes all have wood floors.
Nervous about being in New Orleans and getting around the city? No easier way to do The New Orleans Swing Dance Festival than by booking a room at the Ace Hotel. You'll be able to roll out of bed and go to dance class, stay up late at the after parties and not worry about having to figure out how to get home, take a dip in the rooftop pool in between classes and evening dances, or hang with swing dancers from all over the world in the lounge. Need buddies to walk with you to The French Market for daytime dancing? If you're staying at the Ace, there's always going to be someone around to escort you. We've set up the event this year to feel safe and conveinent while still giving you that authentic New Orleans experience.
Rooms at the Ace New Orleans evoke the ornate inheritance-rich decadence of the birthplace of jazz. All rooms come with a flat screen television, fully-stocked minibar and Smeg refrigerators, Tivoli Radio, free WiFi, Rudy's toiletries and Pearl+ soaps. Many rooms come with a record player or a Martin guitar for you to enjoy during your stay.
The price of the rooms at the Ace are slghtly more than other hotels in the area. New Orleans is a convention town and a popular wedding destination. Because of this, hotel prices tend to be higher in the spring and the fall. These rooms are not that much more than the hotels we have used in the past but the Ace is by far the most superior of them all. We are obsessed with the Ace Hotel. It has so much more to offer us in terms of its vintage style, its friendly local vibe, & its convenience. They put Martin guitars and record players in the rooms. It doesn't get much cooler than that!
To Book A Room at The Ace Hotel click on the link below. Book as soon as you can. Rooms will sell out fast.
For those who wish to stay with a local and save some cash. The housing request form will be up on Monday Sept 4th. Housing is NOT guarenteed to anyone. Always have a back-up plan.